- 8 thin slices of flank steak.
- Some olive oil
- Some Salt
- Some Ground Pepper
- Fresh and chopped rosemary.
- A Red bell pepper that is sliced into nice and thin strips.
- A green bell pepper, also sliced like the red one.
- A medium sized zucchini, that is also sliced into thin strips
- A medium onion, Cut in half then sliced thinly(preferably yellow)
- Thin strips of a few white button mushrooms
Rosemary Balsamic Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A big clove of minced garlic.
- 1/4 cup of dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tblspns of apple juice.
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 small sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup Progresso beef pottage.
1. Rub both sides of the steak slices with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle some salt, black peppers and some chopped rosemary onto them.
2. Heat 1 tblspn of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the vegetables and cook them until they are soft and crispy, then season them with salt and pepper.
3. Put a few of the vegetable strips on one end of each steak slices so that after they are rolled up, both ends of the vegetables are sticking out of each end of the steak rolls. Now roll it up, and pin it down with a toothpick to secure it. Repeat the process with each steak roll.
4. Rosemary balsamic glaze: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Then add the garlic and cook for about one minute, until it gets fragrant. Now add the vinegar,apple juice, brown sugar and the rosemary sprigs and get it to a rapid boil. Decrease the heat and leave it uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the beef pottage, get it to a boil, decrease the heat to low and leave it for another 15 minutes to simmer. Through away the rosemary sprigs.
5. Set up the grill then grill the rolls on each side for about 3 minutes or until they obtain your desired doneness. You can also fry them over medium-high heat in a skillet. Serve right away with the rosemary balsamic glaze lightly poured on top. A great combination would be to add baked potatoes.